Breaking Beacon St.


Noah Braun Presents...

Breaking   
Beacon St.



(Narrative) "Year: 2022. Location: Beacon St, Boston MA.

Boston's well off neighborhoods have been aging as deeply as the rest of the city. Even the well built sidewalk of Beacon St. isn't immune to age and decay. It is my job to document this damage and hope that someone in this city will listen."

This was the idea I had when I was composing this piece. I made clear connections between the show Breaking Bad, both in the title and narrative. The music I played during the presentation wrapped it all up in a neat bow as well. Even with this blog version, I composed as much as I could to tie into this theme. Every crack was on my address street so I could come up with a parallel to the title.



It appears my peers seemed to have understood and appreciated what I was going for. My experience as a video editor has taught me about what goes into presentations like this. Multimedia enhancements can really go a long way into getting your point across. It was really quite an experience to collect all my ideas and present them to an engaged audience.

I've always been ridiculed for my drawing skills, saying how childish my work appears to be. People have said I rush things; that I don't put in enough detail. This class made me realize that simple art like mine can still be appreciated.



This is my favorite example of all the drawings I did. I was asked why I chose color pencil to help illustrate different aspects. In the end, there wasn't a complex reasoning behind this choice. There was simply a spot of color in the photo I took, and I mimicked it. When it comes to drawing, I am a very "monkey see, monkey do" kind of artist.



I realized once I could contextualize what story I wanted to tell, then my amateurish hand-eye coordination could be rationalize. Using things like color pencils and thicker leads helped emphasize different aspects of the art. I feel as though that I got everything I pictured in my head put onto paper.



Comments

  1. The music in the background definitely made the experience stand out in a unique way among the other pieces in our class. The arrangement of the drawings on the background in Photoshop is very visually appealing, since the green matches the Breaking Bad logo. Admitting your weaknesses but playing to you strengths is all part of the creative process. Well done overall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Handheld Media - Sydney Angove

Vases, Faces, and Little Princes

Social Justice Posters - Graham