Courage!!!!
"The Most Courageous Act Is Still to Think for Yourself"
Annonymous
Quotes to me always seem abstract. I tend to take a keen interest in those that appeal to my political leaning. This is a quite that i picked out because i have always deferred to people close to me when i am about to do something. I seek my mum's opinion, brothers and sisters etc. Maybe its because i was always afraid to disappoint them so i thought if i shared my plans with them and it failed, it will be a collective failure. The decisions were always not me thinking for myself. I had other people's perception and ideas to bring on board. Don't get me wrong, getting advice from family is always encouraged, but it should buttress your position not just change the whole situation.
For the first poster, i decided to go for a background that resembles my family home. I don't remember what the color name was but its lighter blue. The highlighted word,"Yourself" was to depict me as Hassan removing myself from the other Hassan who isn't courageous enough to think for himself. Thats why i had shadows in the first sentence and the last.
For the second image, i decided to play around with the colors and backgrounds of Photoshop. I wanted to see how the words looked liked when i change the fonts and and the background color. I chose a fading color palette with a white background to show the illusion of one Hassan fading away to leave the other Hassan standing strong. I hope when somebody looks at this work they can feel the metamorphosis like the way a moth turns into a butterfly.
The last picture i decided to use a black background with two different color palettes for the fonts. I was looking into just playing around with colors that give warmth and familiarity at the same time. The two different font colors also in my view looked to be blending well with the background. They seem to complement each other. I decided to leave the space in the middle and place the words at the opposite end of each other in the hope that someone reading it will take a breather before finishing the second part for maximum effect.



Comments
Post a Comment