EVERYDAY YOGA
My quote is very simple, just because I like yoga and I want to push myself to practice yoga everyday.

According to the concept of tai chi, the left and right sides of the design are symmetrical. Then I put the whole quote in the right middle of the circle to achieve left and right balance. The color of the font and the background color complement each other, making the overall feel clean, simple and balanced.
This is my second poster. Unlike the first, it's not a symmetrical design. But I still split the entire page into two sections, contrasting dark blue with light blue. Dark blue symbolizes night, and the letter "D" is adjusted to yellow, which can be seen as the moon at night. Light blue symbolizes daytime, and the red letter "O" symbolizes the sun. The whole poster symbolizes that yoga responds to the call of nature, and the cycle of day and night echoes everyday. In terms of font selection, I think yoga is a soft exercise with strength, so I chose a font with thick lines and strong sense of power, but with edges and corners relatively round. The word as a whole relies on the left side and the lower part, the right side is left blank. However, the color has done the segmentation will not feel very empty. This is one of my favorite designs.
My third poster was inspired by the Indian flag and map. I think the flag and map of a country are the two most iconic symbols. Yoga originated in India, this is happy and harmonious country. So I want to express its concept through its origin. I imported the three colors of the Indian flag into Adobe Color and filled the border of the map of India to form the image in the poster. I don't think there should be more than three colors in a simple design, so I adjusted the font to the colors of yellow and green on the white background.
This is the first poster I made, and it was inspired by the pattern of tai chi in China. Tai chi symbolizes the balance between Yin and Yang, and the growth of everything in the universe. The original intention of yoga is harmony, balance and unity. I think the two concepts fit very well. And this kind of black and white contrast is very simple but also have a strong visual impact.

According to the concept of tai chi, the left and right sides of the design are symmetrical. Then I put the whole quote in the right middle of the circle to achieve left and right balance. The color of the font and the background color complement each other, making the overall feel clean, simple and balanced.
This is my second poster. Unlike the first, it's not a symmetrical design. But I still split the entire page into two sections, contrasting dark blue with light blue. Dark blue symbolizes night, and the letter "D" is adjusted to yellow, which can be seen as the moon at night. Light blue symbolizes daytime, and the red letter "O" symbolizes the sun. The whole poster symbolizes that yoga responds to the call of nature, and the cycle of day and night echoes everyday. In terms of font selection, I think yoga is a soft exercise with strength, so I chose a font with thick lines and strong sense of power, but with edges and corners relatively round. The word as a whole relies on the left side and the lower part, the right side is left blank. However, the color has done the segmentation will not feel very empty. This is one of my favorite designs.

I really like your designs. I think they are all connective in some ways. For example, each of them is symmetry in a direction. And the reasons why you design them in these ways are meaningful and creative. Thank you for sharing all these works to the class. :)
ReplyDelete