October 17, 2019
3:30pm
BPDA Conference Room, City Hall
ECONOMIC
DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION OF BOSTON
D/B/A BOSTON PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
——————————
For the public meeting media assignment, I listened to a
meeting on Economic
Development and Industrial Corporation with BPDA (Boston
Planning and Development agency) on Oct. 17th in the City Hall. This was my
first time entering the City Hall and attending the public meeting. I chose
this topic about economic development because I used to study economics,
although I didn’t think I could master this field well and turned to a design
major. Admittedly, I still have some interests and thoughts about the economy.
 |
| The cover page for digital brochure |
When I was studying
economics, I often chose to “escape” because of boring content and complicated
digital texts, even I missed a lot of interesting things. Thus, for this public
meeting media, I decided to make an easy-reading, and clear electronic
brochure. I hoped that according to this digital brochure, people who want to
join the public meeting with the topic of economic development, will not feel
difficult to understanding, and on the contrary, discover more development
spaces.
This meeting mainly
discussed the lease, use or rent of Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park and other
places with BPDA. During this meeting, representatives of different
corporations expressed their requests for a corporation and development.
Most of the corporations gained authorization with prepared information and
materials. However, what impressed me a lot is that the company Memorandum of
Understanding, who applied for the right to use of road tests, was repeatedly
questioned by the Broad about security, publics, and other issues. After the meeting, I also interviewed Bill, who is the
representative of Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. The reason he came here was to
confirm whether they had been authorized with the lease agreement of 290
Northern Avenue.
 |
| Introduction and Basic information about the meeting |
 |
| Introduction of BPDA (Boston Planning & Development Agency) |
When I
first prepared my media, I thought about what genre should be accepted more
easily for a long time. I decided to combine pictures with text to help readers
better understand the information, such as using maps. At the same time, I
recalled a lot of meeting contents and sketched pictures for meeting.
 |
| Corporation Lists / Locations |
 |
| Introduction of Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park |
At the end of this pamphlet, I added an interactive part, and those who wish to know more about Boston’s city planning and development. At the same time, I have listed a few different options to see how various content and information that everyone is interested in.
 |
| survey page in the end |
Comments
Post a Comment