THE CELTICS REMINISCENCE!!!

TD Gardens
This week's assignment was an exciting prospect seeing that we were going to shoot images using our phone cameras. Although my phone camera is old, i tried to get as clear shots as i could. I spent the week checking out places to shoot and thought the art exhibition would be a good place only for it to turn out aesthetically inadequate. As i was walking to the Zakim bridge, i stopped to cross right in front of the TD Gardens and saw this colorful place with Celtics fans milling around. I decided this was going to be the place i take my shots from. I was fortunate that there was a pre season basket ball game ongoing and so that meant the place was busy and had people who would appear for the opening shots.

My approach to shooting this assignment was to observe first the surrounding area of the TD Gardens and find where i could take the first shot. I focused on places with good lighting first. The entrance looked idea with its mixture of colours from the traffic lights and signage. So i would wait for the right moments to shoot images as i wanted to have people in the shots to bring out how buzzing the place was. The interior shots were abit tricky because there was poor lighting inside the center because they used colored bulbs and flashing lights, so again, i had to time myself to get the perfect shot.  I took as many shots as i can for the spots i selected and then looked at the ones with good lighting.
Statue of an Ice Hockey Player: 10''x12

The choice of editing colors largely depended on where the shots were taken and how i took them. The upper shot was take outside the entry point at TD Gardens. I chose to edit this photo black and white because the image itself represented a retro look somewhat, like a throwback era. So that when someone looks at this image they get the feeling that i had of being in the arena of a team that i encountered their merchandise about 10 years ago courtesy of wearing their replica jerseys. 
The picture that i took from the opposite street outside TD Gardens i chose to edit the colors that appeared more strongly like more red and yellow etc. I played mostly with hue and saturation to see how it turns out images. The default setting for all images was to start with brightening them. After all images were automatically bright then i would start dabbling in all the other resolutions available. I spent a few minutes playing around with Magenta without knowing what it does to my pictures. For the entry to TD Gardens, i chose to turn up the colors to show how lively the place was. So i made the red stand out and the yellow and green colors on top of the landmark. 
Entry to TD Garden: 13" x 8"


The images that i ended up choosing to edit for this assignment largely depended on the mood that i was in when i took the pics. The 6 best images represent the feelings i had at that moment after realizing the Boston Celtics call the TD Center home. I wanted to showcase a connection between the colors around the place and home flag to connect the two memories and so my emphasis was more on taking using the pictures that showed a rich color of green red and black. 
Day of the Dead?: 8'x11'
My intention with the way i displayed the images on the board was to showcase that every other image revolved around the TD Gardens. The center holds the other part of the photos and thats why i chose to have it in the middle with the other photos surrounding it to give it an impression of being inside it. I wanted to highlight the shape of TD Gardens and how huge of a space it is. 

Comments

  1. I didn't notice that all the photos had red, white, black, and green to some degree until you pointed it out during class. That was a nice little detail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Handheld Media - Sydney Angove

Vases, Faces, and Little Princes

Social Justice Posters - Graham