There are no strange creatures, only blinkered people


“There are no strange creatures, only blinkered people.” 
This quote is from the movie, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.




I love this sentence when I heard the actor said for the first time. After seeing the movie, I can’t help but think about the meaning of this sentence. Everyone is special, but there are always sometimes we see others as “strange” in a sort of way. Maybe it’s because other people don’t act like the way we do or they do not follow the “normal rules”. However, sometimes this kind of bias happened because of the lack of understandings. It’s important for people to open their minds and try to understand the differences. Everyone has his or her background and story, it will help people to understand more when they can see the stories. So this concept came up to my mind. I hope my three posters with this quote can be engaged by people.



Poster 1, 24"x24"
Poster 3, 8"x8"











For the biggest poster, I wanted it to be a bulletin board, so I left a huge blank. The one on the left is the original poster. The one on the right is the one with another poster I have designed, I designed this black, square poster to be like a sticky note at the beginning, but after I printed it, I found out that it didn’t show up like the way I wanted it to be. The middle one is the way I want this bulletin board poster to be like, I hope people can write down their stories or just little special sharings about themselves on this poster.



Poster 3, 7"x5"

For the last poster, I  designed it as a card. So I left half of the blank on the left side. I tried to make those words look more energetic, so I used spaces and blanks to create that kind of style. The reason that I left "only" alone and in the middle side of the card is I wanted to highlight "only" like everyone is the only one.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handheld Media - Sydney Angove

Vases, Faces, and Little Princes

Social Justice Posters - Graham