Faces, Vases, & Upside Down Drawings - Graham Rutherford
While doing the faces & vases assignment, I learned a decent amount about the right vs the left side of the brain. With the vases I discovered that drawing on the opposite side of your dominant hand(in this case, the left side with my right hand) was incredibly easy. I figured it would be even easier on my right side, but couldn't have been more wrong. Tracing something had never been more hard in my life, especially when I hit the nose part. Like the assignment directions said, I basically stopped and couldn't move forward. It was like I was frozen. It took me physically just moving my hand in a direction even if it wasn't right to get going again. I did the drawing one more time to be sure, but ended up with the same result. With the Upside Down drawing, I discovered having music and not focusing on drawing the outline really helped me finish the drawing easier. I just kept going from one line to another and focused on the shorter lines first, which was helpful. The music faded out after a while and I realized that my brain would keep trying to switch when I'd try and look at the drawing right side up. I was definitely surprised with the outcome as I didn't think it was gonna be as decent as it was.


Comments
Post a Comment